Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Getting Started

Setting this up as a place to record my thoughts, in case I have any.

Presently living in North Kingstown, Rhode Island, with my new wife Meri.  We have a harmonious, happy household.  The house itself was passed to Meri from her grandparents, and is a three-bedroom affair with a giant basement and a modest back yard.  We are the proud owners of two cats (a 27 pound orange tabby and a 10 pound Maine Coon) and three greyhounds that Meri rescued.

I moved back to Rhode Island after some expensive adventures on the West Coast, and have been astonishingly unemployed since that time.  Spent all of my life working in telecommunications and IT, and am trying hard to move into human services.  Hard to convince employers I'm willing to take the cut in pay for harder work/hours, but it's a calling.  In an ideal world, my own practice of metapsychology would take off, but I never intended that to be a primary source of income. 

I have a son named Zeb who is a mathematician studying at Cal-Tech, and a daughter named Gabby that does some modeling.  The ex-wife and I had a really bizarre divorce, which ended up with serious estrangement between myself and the kids, but my son has proved surprisingly willing to re-establish our relationship.  Hoping that my daughter will do the same, soon.  Right now, it seems life is complicated enough without worrying about repairing a relationship that she barely remembers in the first place, and I can understand that.  One day, hopefully soon, she'll realize the importance of understanding where she comes from, and until then, well...  enjoy my life with Meri.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment